Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Narwhals Roasting Marshmallows







































Success [of combining rapidograph line drawing with my lush watercolor specialty in Old Anchors] + failure [of spectacular proportion and many hours of ultimately fruitless narwhal drawing in the catastrophic 100 Narwhals] = the beauty of Narwhal redemption!


I am giddily pleased and proud of this illustration, so I submitted it as a cover idea to Seattle alt-weekly The Stranger, and ordered postcards. (Though history shows that the more I really love one of my pictures when I make it, the more disgusted I grow of it later...) I was going to wait to post it, hoping to actually get a response from The Stranger, but those people get so many submissions they never respond, so, whatever. I think it will be a good postcard though.